I am running for re-election to the Gilbert School Board. I have a Vision for the Future as we make Gilbert Public Schools the best choice for families. I give Value for our Community as a trusted steward of taxpayer dollars. I am a Voice for Our Students because I believe that a valued and respected GPS staff creates the best atmosphere for learning.
How have I made a difference during my time on the board?
- I immediately supported the tax break that brought Apple to Mesa.
- I voted for superintendents with the education background and experience required to provide leadership for our district.
- I voted in favor of the Zero-Based Budgeting Process to ensure fiscal transparency and community input.
- I support standards that promote critical thinking, problem solving, and collaboration, and adopted curriculum to teach those standards.
- I voted yes on a plan presented to the board that would have given us full funding for our schools and not raise tax rates. Unfortunately, the plan failed 2-3.
- I voted for Professional Learning Communities, giving teachers time to focus on student achievement.
My focus has been on leadership through building trust and relationships with families, staff, and community members. I have visited all 40 schools in our district to witness firsthand how learning takes place, and any challenges that teachers and students face.
The Gilbert Chamber of Commerce endorsed me because local business leaders understand that I focus on school excellence, driving economic development.
I am dedicated to keeping students and their public education the priority. I am committed to making GPS the premier school option in the East Valley. I am a proven advocate for students, parents, residents and GPS employees. Please vote for me on November 4th!